Monday 15 February 2010

Magazines.


Last week, I went to this magazine stall I usually go to now and then, that sell back issues of magazines. I first saw the Natalia Vodianova cover. I had seen this issue in the shops when it was on sale in August, but I never brought it. Then I saw the Lily Cole cover, and I decided to buy them both. Later that day, I was reading them and now I want to buy Harper's Bazaar as one of the regular magazines I always buy, such as Vogue and Elle. The content of Harper's Bazaar is amazing. There are so many articles and everyone of them intrigues me. For example, in the Cindy Crawford issue, the current one out now (which I brought the next day), there's a feature on the what three different working woman are interested in about the new season clothes, about how this season there are ''clothes' on the catwalk, not 'creations'. It shows how at Chloe, Stella McCartney and Celine, that the clothes are 'deliciously laid-back, luxe clothes, the type they could actually wear'. There's a feature on the new height of heels being so low. 'A life in Style', focuses on Donna Karan, there's the Cindy Crawford editorial. There's a feature on the photography of Deborah Turbeville, an article about Heathfield girls Boarding school, which has an alumnae of Savannah Miller, Sienna Miller, Isabella Blow and Tamara Mellon. The images within this magazine are incredible, and I cannot believe that I haven't read Harper's Bazaar until now. Every word is just so interesting and it is everything I want to read within a magazine. I really want to subscribe, but my Mum says I already collect to many...

The Lily Cole and Natalia Vodianova covers I brought...My favourite 3 magazines now goes in this order; 1. Elle, 2.Harper's Bazaar, 3. Vogue. I know that Vogue is amazing too, and I still love Vogue, but sometimes their writing, although I understand it, is just so complex, whereas Harper's Bazaar is more interesting to read. I admire all 3 magazines equally. The people that put these magazines together and just so talented, and I aspire to one day work alongside them. To work at Vogue, or Elle, Harper's Bazaar, would be like a dream! For my work experience in November, I worked at Sugar Magazine for a week. It was one of the best weeks ever, and I loved working there so much! But one of the things that excited me most about working there was the knowing the Elle magazine was going on just a few floors up, and that when I travelled on the train everyday, and walked up North Row, that one day if I can achieve my ambition of being a journalist for Elle, that that is where I would walk to everyday!

My desk at Sugar...
Where I worked...
Me after work one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails